This miracle whey protein supplement is popular among body-builders and fitness enthusiasts because as a supplement, it’s known to help build muscles, enhance body figure, and aid in weight loss. Gold Standard’s 100% Whey by Optimum Nutrition comes in at number 1 for best protein product of 2015, for both men and women.
What People Are Saying About Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey
People who have tried Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard only have positive things to say about this product. It has all the ingredients that make this product popular with fitness enthusiasts—great results, great taste, reasonable price.
Reviewer: Henry Croft, Gym Talk
Comment: “Great tasting, reasonably priced whey protein supplement with an excellent nutritional profile from an industry leading company.”
Reviewer: Nico R, Amazon
Comment: “I love that it’s mostly whey isolate, which means it’s easy on the stomach. It has lots of good flavors, the double rich chocolate, vanilla ice cream, and strawberry banana are all great. The product mixes well which is a definite plus. It has a great macro breakdown (high protein, low carbs/fat), and it’s a great price for the quality (ON is owned by Glanbia so they have access to a ton of high quality whey, unlike some of the other lower priced whey proteins out there).”
Reviewer: Luis Romero, Optimum Nutrition
Comment: “This is the best protein out there. Ive tried many others and all they do is upset my stomach and don’t show results. With this protein I gained muscle and got stronger. Best of the best. ON keep it up!”
What Can Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Do for You?
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey uses whey protein isolate as the primary ingredient. One serving of this drink delivers 24 grams of protein – enough for any purpose. Aside from the protein content, each serving also has more than four grams of glutamine and glutamic acid and over 5 grams of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. Glumatine is an amino acid that takes part in various metabolic processes that assist with lowering physical and mental stress. Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine are branched chain amino acids, which help reduce feelings of tiredness and muscle fatigue, prevent loss of other amino acids from the muscles while exercising, and boost the absorption of protein. According to Men’s Fitness, whey protein isolate is the purest form of protein, with at least 90% protein content and zero to very minimal cholesterol, fat, and lactose.
The Many Other Benefits of Gold Standard Whey Protein
The benefits of consuming premium whey protein products such as Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey are not only limited to muscle-building. The following are benefits of whey protein supplementation as reported by Medical News Today and Men’s Fitness.
- Increase in fat-free mass and muscle strength – A study on whey-protein supplementation reveals that this increases weight loss and preserves lean muscle.
- Decrease feelings of hunger– Consuming whey protein reduces the hormone ghrelin, which regulates appetite.
- Provide some protection against cancer – Studies have shown that whey protein plays a role in preventing colon and prostate cancers and that these also have an anti-tumor activity.
- Enhance immune system function – Whey protein decreases the reduction of glutathione, an antioxidant, in physically active men. As a result, this enhances the body’s immune response and the ability to detoxify.
- Helps you better manage stress – Whey protein has been found to increase serotonin, which improves mood and reduces cortisol, the stress hormone.
- Protect against asthma – Medical News Today reports that whey protein can possibly “improve immune response in children with asthma.”
- Reduce risk for hypertension and cardiovascular disease – A study on the International Dairy Journal suggests that whey protein can help decrease blood pressure and lower risk for heart disease and stroke.